Friday, October 14, 2011

Bye week equals Fly week

7 long, hot, tough weeks. Every day brings a new lesson learned from the previous day's mistake. Faces and places become more familiar by the hour bringing everyone into a culture-shock state. The realization that "hey guys, we are in COLLEGE! We made it." Gatorade seems like water to most that has the capabilty to drink it whenever, but to a mentally and physically exhausted football player it is as sacred as ambrosia was to the gods. We cherish every drip of the tiny plastic cups we receive. Our luxurious cup does not get to be enjoyed long, because in ten minutes our short moment of tranquility is brought to an ubrupt halt. Back to the field goes the bulldogs go painfully enjoying the contact and bonding with their brothers. When the wheels on the bus of the bulldogs' path to success took a stop in the westernly community of Alpine, Tx. the 'Dogs came to play and laid everything on the field. This in turn paid off, so the 'Dogs packed up and headed back to Seguin. It seemed as a direct result of the Bulldogs being victorious, the sun held back its rays of pure heat and all the planets aligned to grant the Bulldogs a bye week. As the first day of the bye week drew to an end, it seemed as if as soon as I woke up I was laying back down to go to sleep. Day 2 proved to be no different from the first which made me ponder the realism of how things were playing out. As the weekend came I finally started feeling as if I finally had a break. The weekend off was as foreign to me as german politics, which I know little to nothing about by the way. I managed to catch up on some of my studies and attempted to get ahead of the class by reading extra text, but that ended up face down nose deep into my textbook. By Sunday, I proclaimed myself the "King of the Procrastinators" for putting everything off until the last few hours of the day and before I knew it, it was Monday. Sadly, sarcastically speaking of course, the break was over and I plunged back into reality. Football came unmerciless with tackling drills, but hey "you gotta love it." Well. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment