Friday, October 14, 2011

1-0

Well this past Saturday we had our first football game against Ausin College. It was a common meeting between AC and TLU so there was a little tension in the air. We were protecting our home field even though last year AC came out the victors when the time expired. This year TLU football is a new program and everyone is starting to take notice. We beat AC in an 31-28 feat. This was the first time in 4 years that TLU has won its season opener. I am an incoming freshman so upon hearing that I was more determined than ever to give it my all on the field to change the way this program is looked at. I come from an enviroment where football is a big part of the school's community so adjusting to campus-life at TLU was a little hard because the football players are not the role models at the school. With this past win though, hopefully we have set the tone for a winning season. If we set the tone this year, hopefully we spark a winning tradition and by my senior year here at TLU our program will become championship ready. Also in our recent victory I made my first college football debut as a true freshman. I started at our linebacker position as a true freshman which is an uncommon feat in college football. My coach literally "tossed me in the ocean" with a bunch of big fish, but luckily I like to consider myself a big fish as well; it felt great to be back on the field under the bright lights again so I held my own and did pretty good. I had some big plays and my team came through when they were needed. I am pretty excited to play our next game against our somewhat rivals, Trinity University. Last year TLU gave them a beating so I'm hoping for a field-day when gameday arrives. Anticipation is almost the only difference between highschool and college. Highschool was more of a fun, almost chaotic atmosphere Since TLU is a D3 program, the game is a bit more serious because you have to really "love the game", because football doesn't pay for any of our tuition yet we make the sacrifice both mentally and physically to play. Well. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment