Sunday, September 11, 2011

Our First Lost

Adjusting to college isn't as hard as adjusting to college football after a lost. Especially a lost that you should have won and adjusting from a team who never loses to a program where losing wasn't uncommon. I never handled losing well so I'm always opposed to laying down and rolling over as a team tramples all over us. The only thing we can do now is learn from our mistakes and get better. Our coaches stressed that they didn't prepare us enough which could have been the case but I think we just needed to execute what we were taught. We also could have called some better plays to adjust the fronts that their coaches were reading. I know its only one lost but it was unnecessary. Since this is my first week of practice after a lost I do not know what to expect. Im hoping it's a bit more rigorous and focused so our training won't be wasted. Playing football is honestly a sacrifice you make for your team. Going to practice, lifting weights, and all the other things we do all take up what little time we have for our studies. To be playing for a D3 school really means you "love the game" because there's no football scholarship so we have to keep our grades pretty high. This becomes alot of work, so time management is key when trying to balance everything. It's bitter-sweet that we are required to have study hall but I find that I get alot of homework and reading accomplished. Hopefully my end of the semester grades reflect all the work and sacrifices I did to succeed academically. I just know football is a big part of me so in the end all the struggles are worth it. There's nothing like being on the field balling out infront of a crowd screaming and yelling after a big play you just made or a touchdown you just scored. It's a tough sport that's why only a few can endure it. As for us Bulldogs, all we can do is head back to the drawing board and come up with something that works. Well. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment